• Welcome!

Thank You for Visiting StonerHaven.com

You must register to view "Stoners Only" areas Here at StonerHaven.com, As a "Guest Stoner" You are limited in what you can see and do.

Registering is a simple free process that requires minimal information from you to signup.

Become a Stoner Member and find out why this is The Stoner Haven "Where The Stoners Grow"
    It is quick and easy to create a Free account right now.

If you do not wish to create an account you are welcome to use our Guest Services CLICK HERE

For you to get the most out of our resources and our desire to help you Grow, take a minute and Create an Account Now!

Here are just a few Of the many reasons to Join us "Where The Stoners Grow".

• Access some of the best cannabis growing resources ever assembled.
    • Start your own photo collection in our gallery or view others.
    • Have your own profile page to personalize and edit
    • Make new friends and enjoy many ways to keep track of your friends.
    • View our Tutorial System to learn great tips and tricks for Stoners.
    • Access Stoner Chat to talk to your friends.
    • Post Stoner Status Updates.
    • Get great discounts and Signup for contests.
    • And Much, Much more!
    **This message will disappear after you register or log in.**
Sign in to follow this  
Farmerfischer

my mushroon hobby

well I'm trying my luck at growing hobby mushrooms. got some Thai-koh samui super strain prints gifted to me, hope the prints are relatively sterile.. so I start my grow on the 26th of September. I started one honey water liquid culture and one crack corn / rabbit poo jar and on the thirtyith a Brown rice flower jar.

the l.c. jar as of now

post-2510-0-65357800-1507053907_thumb.jpg

anyway if there's anyone on here who could help/walk me through growing these it would be great.. I have no pressure cooker yet but I've been boiling my jars of brf for 90+minutes so far no life yet in them..

• Like 4

high Fish

Look for myco's thread.

seems like he did a few styles/"teks"[?] with them

I'm no real help, other than maybe pointing you in the right direction...

@minnesmoker might be helpful, too.  He not around too much, though

Edited by DarKwon
  • Like 3

high Fish

Look for myco's thread.

seems like he did a few styles/"teks"[?] with them

I'm no real help, other than maybe pointing you in the right direction...

@minnesmoker might be helpful, too. He not around too much, though

yeah I've checked it out dk. I was hoping to get him to pop in but I think he's m.I.a. lol.. Edited by Farmerfischer
  • Like 2

hay hay hayyy! I got a pressure cooker. now I can do corn and grains.post-2510-0-35181300-1507182253_thumb.jpg

I used some of my culture today on a tray in a mix of vermiculite and brown rice flower ( B.R.F.) post-2510-0-47920300-1507182382_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure if it's a contaminate or normal for this type of shroom spawn.. in the center of some of the puffs is a grayish dot.. it's not in all of them . about a third of them have it..post-2510-0-57177100-1507182825_thumb.jpg

post-2510-0-51341400-1507182870_thumb.jpg

post-2510-0-94929400-1507182983_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Nice lookin' LC you've got there -- to the sterility -- you can use a small amount of H2O2 in the LC to "clarify" it.  H2O2 (Hydrogen Peroxide) kills spores, kills bacteria, and kills immature mycelium. You've got "mature samples" of mycelium.

I've written some pretty in-depth directions on how-to with an LC. I'll text @Mycobro offline to let him know we've got another mushy cultivator! If you read through my how-to directions, and halve the level of sterility (I'm overkill bill when it comes to sterility,) you'll have a pretty good baseline for pharma grade grow conditions.

What all are you looking for, though?  

• Like 4

Nice lookin' LC you've got there -- to the sterility -- you can use a small amount of H2O2 in the LC to "clarify" it. H2O2 (Hydrogen Peroxide) kills spores, kills bacteria, and kills immature mycelium. You've got "mature samples" of mycelium.

I've written some pretty in-depth directions on how-to with an LC. I'll text @Mycobro offline to let him know we've got another mushy cultivator! If you read through my how-to directions, and halve the level of sterility (I'm overkill bill when it comes to sterility,) you'll have a pretty good baseline for pharma grade grow conditions.

What all are you looking for, though?

I'm not sure what you mean what all am I looking for,, is this in reference to help or what style I want to grow.. ? I'm always needing help..lol.. I was goin to try a couple ways.. one bulk style and one regular cake style grow.. just to get a feel for both and to see which is more doable in my home.. it's quite Dusty here and I have several pets in the house, along with a hundred or more house plants every where . is growing these going to be affected in my home.. far as I under stand the inoculation is when I need a sterile area/ work place so knowing this I mad a glove box/ still air box for inoculating jars. will This be fine or do I really have to dust and clean plants off and the whole works..lol.. in fairly lazy now.. I'll check out your write up.. Edited by Farmerfischer
  • Like 2

well here's my jars in my incubator . I use a small 5watt build and put It in a empty jar and covered it with tin foil to block the light..post-2510-0-59781100-1507236598_thumb.jpg

the pick here on the bottom is the home made heater ..

post-2510-0-16233800-1507236636_thumb.jpg

here's my glove box/still air box..

post-2510-0-13889500-1507236803_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

making up some brown rice flower..post-2510-0-54926200-1507254588_thumb.jpg

just pulled these out of the pc. I'm going to use the lc on three brf jars

and make a knew liquid culture ..

post-2510-0-95565100-1507254840_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

these jar are going to be sacraficail. the substrate is just over half in each jar , so kind of small cakes , I'm just working with what I got on hand.

• Like 3

well I'm on my way, I inoculated several jars with my lc and so far the seem clean

plus some of the jars I knocked up with spores are taking off.post-2510-0-20638100-1507403673_thumb.jpg

liquid culture jar

post-2510-0-73413300-1507403585_thumb.jpg

spore jar

even my crack corn that I did in my pot instead if a pressure cooker seems to be doin fine So far

post-2510-0-75569800-1507403875_thumb.jpg

spore jar

• Like 4

well the three newest brf jars that I inoculated with the liquid culture are all contaminated with penocilen mold.. thinking my syringe wasn't cleaned well enough maybe..

• Like 2

you don't need no PC. I boiled my jars for 5 min lids and seals included.Poke 4 holes in lids before boiling. It restricts the possibility of contamination after you screw them back on after you fill the jars. The holes are for the needle. I also boiled my syringe , taken apart along with the jars. I made my medium of verm and RF. mixed it up good and put in jars...." not too tight"  then put on seals and lids " loosely" and put back in boiling water about 1/2 way up the jars. " do not submerge" boil for 5 minutes. Let cool. Place the jars in innoc box along with prepared solution. " B4 you add the items in box I sterilized the inside of the box with ISO alcohol. You want to also alcohol your rubber gloves. Then I put the box with a lid and jars in the closet for 1 month at 75 degrees. All of a sudden I got pins! First 1 then a hundred. I got 4 flushes out of that run....bout 2 zips worth. They were huge until dried. Then it was about 1/4 the original size. They were very potent but smooth :) " There's a magical fungus among us and it's gonna be around for a long time" Have fun  :old::shroom:

• Like 4

well the three newest brf jars that I inoculated with the liquid culture are all contaminated with penocilen mold.. thinking my syringe wasn't cleaned well enough maybe..

sterile needle is " critical" b4 u innoc. :) A tip. Use store bought distilled water. It worked better for me.

Edited by chilimatt
  • Like 4

you don't need no PC. I boiled my jars for 5 min lids and seals included.Poke 4 holes in lids before boiling. It restricts the possibility of contamination after you screw them back on after you fill the jars. The holes are for the needle. I also boiled my syringe , taken apart along with the jars. I made my medium of verm and RF. mixed it up good and put in jars...." not too tight"  then put on seals and lids " loosely" and put back in boiling water about 1/2 way up the jars. " do not submerge" boil for 5 minutes. Let cool. Place the jars in innoc box along with prepared solution. " B4 you add the items in box I sterilized the inside of the box with ISO alcohol. You want to also alcohol your rubber gloves. Then I put the box with a lid and jars in the closet for 1 month at 75 degrees. All of a sudden I got pins! First 1 then a hundred. I got 4 flushes out of that run....bout 2 zips worth. They were huge until dried. Then it was about 1/4 the original size. They were very potent but smooth :) " There's a magical fungus among us and it's gonna be around for a long time" Have fun  :old::shroom:

my first 4 or 5 jars were done doing the pot method.. so far I'm down three jars from 10 or so.. iruny( <-- sorry spelling lol)is the 3 I lost were done in the pressure cooker..lol.. I'm thinking my culture or syring was contaminated..

• Like 3

this is a very slow hobby..lol.. I've have yet to turn the gas on for the furnace so it's been getting very chili in the house, it got down to 55 in here by morning. I think if we go another week or so with no heat I may have to put a heater in my mushy room.lol.. most of the jars are in an incubator but five or so are at room temp So they are growing much slower.

• Like 3