• Welcome!

Thank You for Visiting StonerHaven.com

You must register to view "Stoners Only" areas Here at StonerHaven.com, As a "Guest Stoner" You are limited in what you can see and do.

Registering is a simple free process that requires minimal information from you to signup.

Become a Stoner Member and find out why this is The Stoner Haven "Where The Stoners Grow"
    It is quick and easy to create a Free account right now.

If you do not wish to create an account you are welcome to use our Guest Services CLICK HERE

For you to get the most out of our resources and our desire to help you Grow, take a minute and Create an Account Now!

Here are just a few Of the many reasons to Join us "Where The Stoners Grow".

• Access some of the best cannabis growing resources ever assembled.
    • Start your own photo collection in our gallery or view others.
    • Have your own profile page to personalize and edit
    • Make new friends and enjoy many ways to keep track of your friends.
    • View our Tutorial System to learn great tips and tricks for Stoners.
    • Access Stoner Chat to talk to your friends.
    • Post Stoner Status Updates.
    • Get great discounts and Signup for contests.
    • And Much, Much more!
    **This message will disappear after you register or log in.**
Sign in to follow this  
DarKwon

Whatcha Cookin'?

Hi all,

Yeah yeah yeah....what DK doing starting threads in "stonerettes"....but I figure we, "domestic engineers", are already looking forward[?] to the impending feast-a-vals.

I can guarantee no ham here. I don't even know if the kids will be eating here or not...but it will be the standard bread stuffed turkey. Squashed tates, candied yams [only because I LIKE THEM]...don't know about veggies. Green beans...maybe that gross looking traditional baked green bean dish with the cream-o-shoom soup and french onion rings. And of course pie.

BTW

I HAVE AN IDIOT PROOF PIE CRUST RECIPE...old recipe "Spry Whip Pie Crust" do they make "Spry" anymore?

Crisco, HOT water, flour, a dab of milk and some salt.

you can work this stuff til it pulls back and will still be tender...I promise

• Like 4

big ass bird

cornbread stuffing, (with onions, celery. and carrots)

sweet golden corn

garlic mashed potatos

sweet potato casserol

gravy

rolls

pumpkin and pecan pies

fresh veggies, spinach dip with triscuits, and a meat and cheese tray to snack on during the game.

a nice chardonay for dinner and a nice resling for desert.

Who wants to come over? We'll have plenty of room and food.

• Like 4

Hi all,

Well, it's Nov 1 and T-Day is 4 wks off now.

I'm going to go off on a little rant

CRANBERRIES

Who decided these things are edible? "Just a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down".....Whata they say about a cupful?

I do like cranberriy/jello salads and "sauce"....but sure take an awful lot of prep to eat the little devils.

takes more sugar than berries to make 'em palatable. They're so bitter. ..but then cocoa isn't much good w/o sugar, too...

• Like 2

Guest BlueDreams

I just picked up my 18lb brinned bird!

So far.... taters and gravy, string bean casserole, corn, sausage/apple dressing, pumpkin pie and pumpkin cheese cake pie w/cream on top. Pickles, deviled eggs, olives (black and almond stuffed green) stuffed celery, cranberry sauce (the jelly kind) biscuits with an assortment of home made jams/jellies ....a home made punch and perhaps some eggnog...I usually save that for Christmas but have had some requests. I am sure there is more, have to do my shopping tomorrow. Will make some cookies too...maybe Darks recipe!

The bird will just fit in my roaster pan!

I have spent the last month emptying out a storage unit I have been paying for for about 13 years....my fancy serving dishes were in there, and my china that I may or may not use...the plates are small ;)

I just ate and now I got the munchies again.....heading to Salt Lake City for Thanksgiving with our daughter.........and I'm with DK on the cranberries kinda yvvccchhhh...except I love cranberry juice and all it's variations...??

Hopefully get to play a round of golf with grandson and daughters bfriend before the feast........then endure Friday (maybe sneak in more golf) leave early Sat for home.

• Like 2

I don't know what duties the wife has in mind for me. I was going to make pumpkin pies...from scratch, including preparing the pumpkin. You know, bake, skin, puree...And she said she was going to do that. I suppose the bird will fall into my care. That, excuse me, seems to be a "man's job", in her eyes.

I don't know what to expect for number we will be serving. The kids are coming down and her mother is serving dinner at noon. Ours won't be ready until 2 or 3. I can't see them eating much here. We did the same thing last year, but the wife was in IL. cooked a whole dinner expecting people to eat and ended up eating the WHOLE thing myself. You can get real tired of turkey after a week....and I don't care how many ways you have of recycling it.

• Like 2

Guest BlueDreams

I usually make my turkey soup...then freeze it. Knowing there will be plenty enough turkey leftovers to last...however, I will be sending home turkey with my boys...and some other goodies depending on what's left.

Scrubbing floors and washing the tablecloth and napkins today. Baking tomorrow.

The last couple times I did deviled eggs I ended up with hard to peel eggs. That's not normal but I want to avoid it this round. Who has the trick to making easy peel hard boiled eggs?

I usually make my turkey soup...then freeze it. Knowing there will be plenty enough turkey leftovers to last...however, I will be sending home turkey with my boys...and some other goodies depending on what's left.

The last couple times I did deviled eggs I ended up with hard to peel eggs. That's not normal but I want to avoid it this round. Who has the trick to making easy peel hard boiled eggs?

the trick to easy peel eggs is to get somebody else to peel the eggs!
  • Like 2

Guest BlueDreams

I haven't even got through thanksgiving yet and the old man's family is trying to get me to host Christmas ...16. I don't have room for 16!

Lord, give me the strength to say no!!!

Guest xmoonx

Moma--I put big spoonful cookin oil in my water when boilin eggs--seems to make easier to peel.Try peelin them while still warm.

Guest xmoonx

I just picked up my 18lb brinned bird!

So far.... taters and gravy, string bean casserole, corn, sausage/apple dressing, pumpkin pie and pumpkin cheese cake pie w/cream on top. Pickles, deviled eggs, olives (black and almond stuffed green) stuffed celery, cranberry sauce (the jelly kind) biscuits with an assortment of home made jams/jellies ....a home made punch and perhaps some eggnog...I usually save that for Christmas but have had some requests. I am sure there is more, have to do my shopping tomorrow. Will make some cookies too...maybe Darks recipe!

The bird will just fit in my roaster pan!

I have spent the last month emptying out a storage unit I have been paying for for about 13 years....my fancy serving dishes were in there, and my china that I may or may not use...the plates are small ;)

I gonna go eat at Momas's!! :wub: :wub:

ours is 15....told the wife to not get one over 20. Won't fit in the roasting pan.

I bet I use my turkey pan more than anyone else here.

I use i to hold ashes from the fireplace when I clean it. Makes a nice footwarmer with the lid....and it spans the door of the stove. been using it for a while. Just works good for my purposes. seen some "official" as buckets . I still like mine.

anyone wanna make a purpose built can/bucket similar? or are there and I'm missing it?

• Like 2

Here ya go... Put the eggs in the pan covered with cold water, put lid on and turn on high, once boiling shut off and leave lid on til they cool. The yolk will be a perfect yellow and the shell will peel right off...

Sign in to follow this