Contributor

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

1 cup packed light brown sugar

1/4 cup light corn syrup (karo)

1 cup water

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/3 cup cannabutter

1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

Put sugar, corn syrup, water and salt into saucepan. Stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Increase heat and cook until thermometer registers 250 f degrees, the firm ball stage. Add butter, cook with occasional stirring until thermometer registers 300f degrees, the brittle or hard crack stage. Immediately remove from heat. Let cool a minute then add vanilla. If wanting to make a little stronger, add your hash oil now. Stir well with rubber spatula until you get a nice smooth candy.Pour into buttered shallow pan, making a layer 1/4 inch deep. While warm, crease into squares with a blunt knife. When cold and set, break into pieces.

You can also pour into molds if you have them.

**a note on flavoring, I always add way more than called for. Like it says 1/4 teaspoon, but I would guess that I probably add a tablespoon.

***Using a Candy thermometer, it will seem to take forever to get to 250f. Don't walk away from it. I make mine on med-low and it takes about 15 minutes or so to get there...maybe more. It just seems like forever. After you add your butter it will go a lot quicker. Believe me, if you walk away at this point, it might burn on you. It will get to 300 faster than you think and then you have burnt butterscotch. Still effective, just not so tasty.

#2 OFFLINE   KidneyStoner

KidneyStoner

Hash Head

• Inactive Stoner
  • 2,445 posts
  • Location...following the yellow brick road

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:57 AM

Sounds great. How much oil can I add? It seems all the butterscotch recipes online call for vanilla extract? How does it taste like butterscotch? I'm just curious what gives it the flavor. Any idea how many lollipops this could make?

#3 OFFLINE   attho

attho
  • LocationDancing in my kitchen

Contributor

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

that depends on your oil. What kind and how is it made?

Not sure how it gets the butterscotch flavor...i think a combo of the brown sugar carmelizing and vanilla. I will be making flavored ones this week. Cheescake, choc hazlenut, coconut, amaretto, and I can't remember the other flavor

oh yeah orange cream

I get about 30 to 40 pops it depends on size of mold.

#4 OFFLINE   KidneyStoner

KidneyStoner

Hash Head

• Inactive Stoner
  • 2,445 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:39 AM

Last time I made oil I used a crockpot with a ratio of roughly 2 ounces of trim/popcorn to 1 fl oz. This time I want to use coconut oil.

Edited by KidneyStoner, 23 January 2013 - 09:19 PM.

#5 OFFLINE   attho

attho

Contributor

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:50 AM

For this  you would definitely need the kind made with coconut oil. I am doing a tutorial on it in a couple days on how to make really goood kind

#6 OFFLINE   KidneyStoner

KidneyStoner

Hash Head

• Inactive Stoner
  • 2,445 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

K...ill stay tuned! I use the crock pot method.

#7 OFFLINE   attho

attho

Contributor

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

As promised Kidney...a little tutorial on making hash oil. When it comes to actual measurements, it is to your discretion. This batch I used 50 of the 78 grams. The other 28 are being used in a glycerine tincture.

So:

50gr Dry Ice Hash (I am sure if you use bubble hash you would have to use less grams of it. the DIE gives me a larger amount to work with, but it also gives you more of the plant matter than the bubble will. And hella quick way to make hash too.

My usual batch I would have done about 1 tsp coconut oil per gram of hash. When measured out by the 1/4 tsp, I found that 1/4 tsp would = 1 dose. But I only used 30 tsp coconut oil in this batch so it will be more potent. This is what I mean by it is to your discretion. With the lecithin, I think I ended up using 3 tsp granules. I do it by look and it looked about right with 3 tsp.

When you first mix your melted coconut oil and lecithin into the hash, don't worry about being chunky and thick. It will melt into the coconut oil. When I first mix and before it goes in the oven, I am just trying for everything to be moistened. Then I will add a few more tsp of oil. Then cover tightly with foil and let it get melting.  If you follow the 1 to 1 ratio it will give you: 1/4 tsp = 1 dose

After the timer goes off do not open your foil. Wait until it is completely cool before opening (this goes for the decarb process too) or you will lose a lot of goodness.

ok let's get to it:

Step 1: De-carbing 

place your hash evenly over the bottom of a oven safe ceramic dish. Wrap tightly with foil and place in cold oven. Turn oven to 225f degrees and set timer for 20 minutes. When done, shut oven off. Take your dish out and set on top of stove to completely cool. When cool, remove foil and stir up your hash. It wont be a hard and crumbly as in my pics, for I was stoned and decarbed with the cooking temp and time lol.

Step 2:

Preheat oven to 250f degrees. Stir up your hash and now add your lecithin granules and melted coconut oil (you want it to be liquid to mix in the hash - don't buy the already liquid coconut oil, just the solid kind). When you have the consistency the way you want it (remember it will be more liquid when done and not so thick, so don't over add your oil) cover tightly with foil. Place dish in oven and reduce heat to 220f degrees and set timer for 40 minutes. When done let completely cool as before.

When cool, time to check it. Remove your foil to some beautiful liquid dark brown gold. Give it a stir and see if the consistency is what you want. If not, you can always add a few more tsp of coconut oil. Seal back up and put in freezer. When frozen, take out and thaw and repeat cooking process, just to make sure you have completely broken down all that needs to be into a smooth oil. I store mine in the fridge or cabinet. I just put in microwave a couple seconds to liquify again for use.

Kidney, this is the oil that I will add a tsp or two of to my butterscotch pops at the end when you add your flavoring ;)

**For the glycerine, I just put the jars in the microwave for 1 minute and then maybe 1 more. Take out and put the lids on tight and shake the hell out of em. Then put in dark cabinet. I have been heating once a day and shaking and will probable do this for about 2 weeks. It's an experiment so let's just see how high we can get with it ;)

Attached Files

#8 OFFLINE   KidneyStoner

KidneyStoner

Hash Head

• Inactive Stoner
  • 2,445 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

Hahahaha...just realized i said 2 GRAMS per oz of oil.  LOL, I meant 2 OUNCES per oz of oil.

Gonna go edit that.

#9 OFFLINE   xmoonx

xmoonx
  • LocationDEEP DEEP SOUTH

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

Attho--you put soooo much time & effort in you recipes & tutorials--I know it's very time consuming an we greatly appreciate all the work that goes into what you do! Thanks!!

#10 OFFLINE   attho

attho

Contributor

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

awww...thanks Moon. I would do one a day if they would let me. Getting the world high - one cookie at a time lol

#11 OFFLINE   xmoonx

xmoonx

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

Speaking of HIGH--the canna butter recipe of yours turned out great! Was so easy to make--just had hot butter everywhere try to strain it--lol--Yesterday I decided to make "Monkey Bread"--sooooo easy--which calls for 1/2 cup butter--soooo I decided to use my newly made canna butter. My hubby got in from town--he's a junk food junkie & started eatin my CMB--during the day & last nite--he ate half the pan an stayed soo fk up all day & was so funny--walkin around in a daze :smiley-smoking-bong: ! I will post the Monkey Bread recipe--it is so easy & only change is usin canna butter instead of plain. :smileys-passing-joint:

#12 OFFLINE   attho

attho

Contributor

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

Awesome Moon! I am so glad you found it useful. That is all that matters. I am looking forward to the Monkey Bread recipe.

That is pretty much all I do with my recipes is change out the reg butter or oil for medicated. Plus I add extra flavoring and spices. Before a year and a half ago I never really liked to bake because you have to meausre things, whereas in cooking it's more just like a little of this and a little of that. But now, I love it and love constantly making new things.

#13 OFFLINE   xmoonx

xmoonx

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

Awesome Moon! I am so glad you found it useful. That is all that matters. I am looking forward to the Monkey Bread recipe.

That is pretty much all I do with my recipes is change out the reg butter or oil for medicated. Plus I add extra flavoring and spices. Before a year and a half ago I never really liked to bake because you have to meausre things, whereas in cooking it's more just like a little of this and a little of that. But now, I love it and love constantly making new things.

I love to cook (more so when my back lets me) an I have never measured anything much & I always mix or add extras to recipes! Kinda like that makes it "my recipe" with my special touch! lol :smiley-smoking-bong:

#14 OFFLINE   attho

attho

Contributor

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

Me too Moon...but I found that with baking, measurements are necessary!  LOL my first cookies literally came out like hockey pucks. But I fool around with the spices and 'extras'

#15 OFFLINE   KidneyStoner

KidneyStoner

Hash Head

• Inactive Stoner
  • 2,445 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

Attho, I (well, my fiance hahaha) made your Butterscotch cookies. We got 14 from the batch. They are definitely yummy though. Ill post a few pics tomorrow. Thanks again!