Photo

Plant Hormones

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#16 OFFLINE   DarKwon

DarKwon

Ganga Din

• High Society Stoner
  • 18,504 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:51 PM

Hi godbody,

I'm not trying to derail your thread....just apply its content to "the old ways" and how/where we can get these hormones in nature.

#17 OFFLINE   godbody

godbody

Losing Lighters

• Inactive Stoner
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:58 PM

All is Good Darkwon~!

Glad you all find this information handy~!

#18 OFFLINE   DarKwon

DarKwon

Ganga Din

• High Society Stoner
  • 18,504 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:26 PM

:smileys-passing-joint:

#19 OFFLINE   DarKwon

DarKwon

Ganga Din

• High Society Stoner
  • 18,504 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:01 AM

copy/paste---

Every vegetable garden deserves a healthy patch of nettles. Rudolph Steiner, scientist and mystic, advocated biodynamic sprays made from nettle to increase vegetative growth, particularly in dry weather (it also makes an excellent aphid spray). Biodynamic gardening uses "companion planting" of nettles to increase the volatile oils in such plants as valerian, mint, sage and rosemary. You will find the potency of many plants increases measurably when planted near nettles.

this sounds familiar...

I can't find any info on what the nettle does to the soil...but it is normal for plants to secrete chemicals to enhance their survival chances.

Edited by DarKwon, 06 March 2014 - 09:10 AM.

#20 OFFLINE   godbody

godbody

Losing Lighters

• Inactive Stoner
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:42 AM

Nettles will supply Nitrogen for the Plant and probably some other trace minerals.

Nettles from Evergreen Trees will work Great Also.

#21 OFFLINE   godbody

godbody

Losing Lighters

• Inactive Stoner
  • 77 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:30 PM

Since I started experimenting with IAA, this is my favorite Hormone of choice.

I have seen drastic changes after 3 hours of spraying.

I will do some experimenting with IAA on some seedlings, by feeding via soil.

#22 OFFLINE   The Yorkshireman

The Yorkshireman

Learning to Roll

• Inactive Stoner
  • 695 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:13 AM

"This is from my notes:

Alfalfa is one of the cheapest and easiest to get products available to us and most do not even know it. It is sold at every pet store in North America and at every feed store also. Alfalfa is the main ingredient in most animal feeds…..horses and rabbits are a couple that come to mind right off. I like to use pure alfalfa for horses. The cost is very cheap compared to the enormous benefits it will give your plants.
Alfalfa contains triaconatol which is a fatty acid growth hormone.I t is especially good for increasing growth rates during vegetative growth It's the "hidden" in the composition of the commercial product "Super Thrive"." -- Godbody

Triacontanol is not water soluble so even though it can be extracted from alfalfa with a suitable solvent, using alfalfa meal as a fertiliser does not get triacontanol to the plants I'm afraid..

Edited by The Yorkshireman, 19 July 2014 - 07:17 AM.