Photo

Free dollar Cloning Solution

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   minnesmoker

minnesmoker

Ambassador of Cannabis

• Stoner Haven Staff
  • 4,945 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 04:02 PM

Here's a little homemade cloning solution, if you are looking to clone, and looking to do it on a "free weed" budget, with only time and a few bucks invested, (or no money nvestment, if you have coco, rock wool cubes, or rooting/cloning plugs.)

You will need to find WILLOW trees. The variety is fairly unimportant, but "the experts" recommend Salix babylonica or, The Weeping Willow.

DO NOT girdle the tree, or any branches! There's no reason to kill, when you're making a solution to help renew life!

Willow trees have a couple really cool uses -- you can make face peels, aspirin, and cloning liquid, out of it, amongst many many other things!

To make Willow bark cloning gel:

After you have located a good willow tree -- good being not dead, not diseased, and not recently cut into.

Cut FRESH GROWTH BRANCH tips and 2"x2" squares of young bark. These squares will heal.

There are two layers of bark, the hard older bark, and under that, the fresh, young bark. That young bark is the magic.

If you are down with a climb (up for a climb?) you can locate nice young branches up higher, they will contain all the magic ingredients you need. (bark and tips!)

Its important that you get those tips AND the bark.

You'll want about 1 cup of ground up/shredded willow to make 1/2 gallon of cloning solution..

In a large pot add your 1 cup of ground/shredded willow to 1 gallon of distilled or RO water, bring it to a boil, and reduce  to a low simmer, until the amount has halved (about 1 hour). Let it cool to room temperature (30 minutes,) and continue steeping for another hour.

You don't want to expose it to high heat, for longer than it takes to come to a boil. Immediately reduce the heat to a low simmer, the object is to displace/dissolve/extract the enzymes, minerals, and chemicals from the tips and bark into the water. The tips are full of rooting and cloning enzymes (crazy, huh!) The bark, along with precursor aspirin (I don't remember the name of it right now,) also contains nutrients that will be essential to getting your roots going.

After it has cooled and steeped, drain the liquid through a strainer, into a bowl (YOU WANT THE WATER, NOT THE LEFTOVER PLANT MATTER!) I use a screen strainer and press the absorbed liquid out of the plant matter after it's drained. A little bit of floaty plant matter is fine -- if you don't mind running trees through your juicer, you can extract that last bit with your juicer.

PH the solution to 5.6-5.8, and put the solution in an airtight 1 gallon container (preferably glass,) and use as needed, keeping refrigerated -- don't worry, it's safe to accidentally take a couple swallows of -- unless you are on blood thinners, are allergic/sensitive to aspirin, or are on an aspirin regimen! If you're on blood thinners or an aspirin, wear gloves and an appropriate filtering mask (dust mask) while working with the solution. If you are allergic, buy CloneX, don't risk your life!

It'll "keep" and can be used in conjunction with teas as a micro-booster/root booster, For cloning it's best used within a week.

To use:  (ALWAYS CHECK PH BEFORE USING!)

With Coco Coir: Hydrate your coco with RO water, drain and let dry. Fill your cloning pots/containers with the dry coco, and rehydrate with  cloning solution. Follow cloning procedure you usually use, replace water and cloning gel with your cloning solution.

With rock wool/plugs: soak for about 2 minutes in cloning solution, gently shake excess solution from plugs. Again follow your method, replacing water and cloning gel/powder with your solution.

I cloned using this solution, into plugs and into prepared coco for 2 years, and had about the same success rate as I did with CloneX, but it's much cheaper, and you can whip it up when you need it.

Make as needed is the best method, you can store your willow cuttings to make the solution in an airtight container in the refrigerator for months. Excess solution can be poured onto your plants, or in your garden to boost root growth.

#2 OFFLINE   acstrat1990

acstrat1990

Learning to Roll

• Inactive Stoner
  • 786 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 04:06 PM

Great info hope I can try this some day

#3 ONLINE   roofwayne

roofwayne

Old Fooled

• Stoner Haven Global Staff
  • 22,234 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 06:24 PM

Everything plant and animal can use aspirin for pain! Animals chew on willow trees. People put aspirin in vases with fresh flowers to have them stay fresher longer!  :stoned-smiley: ......rw

#4 OFFLINE   swamp

swamp

Swamped

• High Society Stoner
  • 6,099 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 08:09 PM

Nice!

#5 OFFLINE   joe mac

joe mac

Posted 16 October 2015 - 09:30 PM

i've heard of using willow for cloning. Nice to hear some direct feedback on using it :)

#6 OFFLINE   minnesmoker

minnesmoker

Ambassador of Cannabis

• Stoner Haven Staff
  • 4,945 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 04:37 PM

Everything plant and animal can use aspirin for pain! Animals chew on willow trees. People put aspirin in vases with fresh flowers to have them stay fresher longer!  :stoned-smiley: ......rw

That, and all those hormones in the tea!

I've heard (but never tried) about dissolving an aspirin in your dip/soak water. I have a problem against Bayer, the company that keeps on killing, so I'm biased against pill-form aspirin.

Nice!

Thank you! I was gonna' post up this little ditty a couple years ago, but forgot.

i've heard of using willow for cloning. Nice to hear some direct feedback on using it :)

I was skeptical. I really thought it was bullshit, and didn't care when I first tried, I had to trim back side and lower branches (CFL grow,) and was going to throw 'em away, if I didn't clone 'em. I was looking to stay 100% organic on my first grow, when I got back to it again (again.) I looked for DIY organic cloning solutions, and everything kept sending me to willow tea. I got down into it, and learned about the combination of young bark and root tips, and their really unique chemical constructs. I'd love to find an organic silica source that's easily naturally acquired, and dissolves in this tea. I think the results would be pure beastly trees, from pathetic, tiny clones.