StonerHaven

"Where The Stoners Grow"

Forums, Picture Gallery, How to Tutorials, Articles, Blogs, Product Reviews, Recipes, Strain Guides and much more
Join Today

Seed To Weed

We Cover It All-

Tutorials, Forums, And Articles Devoted To Marijuana
TutorialsForumsArticles

Learn to Grow

Grow To Learn

Learn and Share Advanced Marijuana Growing, Harvesting and Extraction Techniques
Advanced GrowingHarvestingExtracts

Interactive Legalization Map

Find State Laws, Marijuana Business In Your Area And Much More
MAP

Cooking With Marijuana

Tutorials, Forums, Recipes And Articles All to Help You Become A Canna-Connoisseur
TutorialsForumsRecipesArticles
pSmith

Firecracker recipe

Ingredients and equipment

First of all, you will need about half a gram of weed for each cracker you will make. Figure out how many crackers you expect to make and acquire the right amount of weed accordingly. Secondly, you will need Ritz crackers, Saltine crackers, Jacobs crackers, or some other similar type of cracker that go well with peanut butter.

Now for the peanut butter: you should make sure that it is a type of peanut butter that has plenty of peanut oil. It should be non-hydrogenated as well. Unfortunately, Jif and Skippy brands of peanut butter do not have enough peanut oil in them — and that means they won’t work for this recipe. Go for another brand. You can also use Nutella or a chocolate spread instead of peanut butter if you prefer. Crunchy peanut butter is also perfectly fine to use.

Next, you will need an item to mix together your peanut butter and the marijuana. This should be something small, like a toothpick. You should also have scissors of some sort or else a coffee grinder on hand to cut up the marijuana with. Make sure there’s enough tin foil to cover and store the crackers when they’re done. Finally, you will also need an oven.

How to make firecrackers

First, you will need to bake your marijuana. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. While you wait for it to heat up, take scissors and cut up the marijuana into tiny pieces. A coffee grinder will also do the job thoroughly and quickly; the finer the pieces of marijuana, the better it will work for your weed peanut butter crackers.

Once the oven is ready, you can put your marijuana inside a tin foil bowl of sorts to hold the marijuana. Leave it in for about a quarter of an hour, then check on the weed. If it is extremely powdery or dusty, they have been baked for the perfect amount.

Baking your marijuana is a highly important part of creating a weed firecracker. The reason for this is that it needs to be decarboxylated. Decarboxylation means that the THCA turns into THC. This can only occur when the marijuana is dried out enough — this drying process is accomplished through baking the weed. This process automatically happens when you smoke or vaporize marijuana since it is heated up enough for the decarboxylation process to take place. If you forget to bake your marijuana, you won’t feel a thing from your peanut butter pot cookies, so be sure not to forget.

The next thing you should do is turn up the oven to approximately 300 degrees Fahrenheit, then wait for ten to fifteen minutes. Put a thick layer peanut butter (regular peanut butter without any weed yet) on both sides of each cracker (up to a centimeter). Then take your freshly baked marijuana and sprinkle it on half of the peanut butter crackers. Leave the other half for sandwiching it later.

Take your toothpick or other mixing tool and mix the peanut butter with the marijuana, doing so as thoroughly as possible on top of the cracker. You want as much weed as you can to touch peanut butter. When you’re done with that, sandwich the crackers together and wrap them up in tin foil.

Place the wrapped up peanut butter weed crackers onto a cookie sheet and into the oven and bake them for 20 minutes. Once the twenty minutes have passed, up the heat level to about 350 degrees Fahrenheit and leave it for another two minutes. Remove the freshly baked weed peanut butter cookies from the oven and set them to the side until they have cooled off. Now you are free to enjoy your delicious marijuana firecrackers!

• Like 5

you can use "vaped" weed -- ABV - for these also.

• Like 4

I skip the cracker part 100% and just add my vaped MJ into a pyrex dish some PB back for 15 mins.. and let cool.. grab a spoon and let the day begin with a medible! God I love them!! I keep telling people to vape their MJ use the ABV stuff and enjoy it 2x.. people just like to see MJ burn I guess.  :(

• Like 5

I loved your recipe. I cooked it and it tasted great. I wonder if you would like to share it on  cannasos.com as well? If you don't mind I can do it myself.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, weedlov3r420 said:

I loved your recipe. I cooked it and it tasted great. I wonder if you would like to share it on  cannasos.com as well? If you don't mind I can do it myself.

Haven't seen dude for over a year.  Go ahead and share it, I'm sure dude wouldn't have minded. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Killa Beez Seeds
      Hi
      I would like to introduce ourselves and our seed company:
      https://www.killabeez-seedbank.co.uk We are here for you the people, need anything or some extra love on your order please message us!!]

Our prices are fair, and we add plenty of free cannabis seeds to every single order regardless of size! Full Stocked on 420 FastBuds, Barney's and more seed banks!

Here to help directly!
      https://twitter.com/KillaBeezSeeds

• By fumble
      Medicated Peanut Butter

Check out more Great Stoner Recipes Click>>>  Here  
      Super easy and can be used for damn near anything. You can use any amounts that you want. This is what I used...

40 oz jar peanut butter
      75 grams sugary trim - decarbed

take your de-carbed trim and using coffee grinder or food processor, grind to fine powder.  Empty peanut butter into microwave safe bowl. Heat in microwave for a minute. Add your powdered trim and stir well to incorporated all througout the peanut butter. You can heat up longer to make it easier to stir and mix. That's it. Easy peasy. I use it it my Elvis cookies mostly, but tried it in the smoothie the other day and was pretty good.
      Peanut butter hides the weed taste very well.

edit:  if you are just going to make pb sammies or smoothies, you might benefit from doing the heating in a small saucepan on the stove for about 30 minutes. Add a teaspoon or two of liquid lecithin and put over low heat for 30 to 60 minutes. Stir often to mix weed flour in well.  When done just pour back in jar.

• By PureGro1
      Check out Terpene Botanicals for all your terpene and emulsifier needs.

Coupon Code: SH420 is good for 10% off!

Dont forget that the Coupon Code: TERPENE15  is good for 15% off on your FIRST order.

What are Terpenes?
      Terpenes are a group of organic compounds produced by a wide variety of plants that we smell or eat every day. These compounds are responsible for the aroma and taste found in the many plants that produce them. All of the terpenes we use are GRAS (Generally recognized as safe) by the FDA and regularly used in aromatherapy and food. Terpenes that occur in plants, however, are often found in very trace amounts. Terpenes may only compose the weight of 1-2% of dried plant matter and in some cases up to 8% in concentrates, but it's at these dilute concentrations that the flavor profile is best experienced through smell. 
      Most notable terpenes include:

Terpenes effects Wiki-Link a-pinene Responsible for a lot of the smell of pine trees, alpha-pinene is found in coniferous trees and rosemary. It is a bronchodilator, anti-inflammatory, antibiotic and is thought to be responsible for aiding memory. alpha-pinene Wikipedia article Alpha-bisabolol Found in German chamomile, it has a sweet floral aroma. alpha-bisabolol Wikipedia article Beta-Caryophyllene
      Found in plants such as black pepper and cloves, Caryophyllene accounts for the spiciness flavor. It has anxiolytic, antidepressant, and neuroprotective properties. beta-Caryophyllene Wikipedia article D-Limonene
      Cold-press extracted from the rinds of citrus fruits, Limonene has a strong orange smell has been used to treat anxiety and depression. d-Limonene Wikipedia article  Linalool
      Produced most famously by the Lavender plant, Linalool is a very aromatic chemical that is known to cause a relaxing effect in aromatherapy. Linalool Wikipedia article Myrcene Found in chamomile and ripe mangoes, myrcene is said to have mild sedative and analgesic effects. 
      Myrcene Wikipedia article Ideal Terpene Blending Ratios
      In the aromatherapy world, fragrances are distinguished by their ratio of fragrance oils to alcohol carrier. For example, a perfume is 30%, eau de parfum is 15%, an eau de toilette is 8%, a cologne is 5%, and a room spray may be 3%, with the rest consisting of alcohol. In the case of perfumes, the alcohol is considered the "carrier".   
      When working with active ingredients such as CBD in foods, keep in mind that too great a concentration of terpenes can be overwhelming. Similarly, a typically flavored beverage for example may only require a 1% ratio of the flavoring oils, while a capsaicin infused beverage needs a ratio of 1 in 50,000 in order to be safe - with terpenes, it's not as extreme, but starting low is wise - 1-3%, and then adding more as needed, but would not recommend exceeding a 10% ratio - higher concentrations can be very irritating to the senses.

Coupon Code: SH420 is good for 10% off!

Dont forget that the Coupon Code: TERPENE15  is good for 15% off on your FIRST order.
    • By PureGro1
      The Oil X Green Extraction System Uses Pentane, We have after using and testing this Extraction System gave 4 Stars for ease  of use,  Its not hard to use but it is complex and you need to follow directions. We also gave it 3 stars on price, this is not meant to say that the product is overpriced but rather you may feel this is a high price to pay for extraction machine.

When looking at the $199 price one must consider that this will save you money long term because it recaptures over 90% of the Pentane used to extract the THC/CBD. 

We Rated it at 5 stars for Quality of product, and 5 stars for Overall Value, This extraction package is full of quality products and thus delivers an excellent value for the price paid and this gives us an overall rating of 4 stars.

What you get in the Box: 2 buckets, 3 jars, 1 funnel with paper filters,
      1 main tubing apparatus,1 blowout tube, 1 locking rod and 1 Pyrex petri dish along with instructions.

Buckets (2): These are a heavy plastic with handles,

Funnel (1): It is a heavy porcelain unit with built in strainer and comes with paper filters that fit inside the funnel. 

The tubing and fittings (1): This is the main apparatus and can be purchased as their Bare metal Kit, The SS (316 stainless steel) and looks perfectly bent with heavy looking SS fittings going through the lids. You will also notice that the gasket material used on the Hot and Cold side is not the normal mason jar wax seal.

Jars (3): The jars themselves are regular mason type 1/2 gallon jars

Blowout tube (1): Made again of SS and also perfectly shaped

Locking Rod (1): Made of steel, Its purpose is to hold the cold side jar down in the cold side bucket. In my review and how to posts- I was never able to really figure out how this simple thing works, and TBH I didn't have any issue with ice causing the cold side jar to float- I did use the handle to secure it just to be safe. 

Pyrex petri dish (1): A nice glass petri dish to finish evaporating the pentane from your oil

If you have extracted THC/CBD from Marijuana before using any of the home craft type systems using Alcohol or Butane you will already understand how this works.

If You have never done an extraction before

Then follow along while we walk through this process one step at a time
      First Chill Pentane and Weed Soak Weed in Pentane (You can experiment with this but 15-30 min should give adequate time) Strain weed from pentane attach clean jar to COLD side(with the coil) and Jar with pentane you strained to HOT side  Add Ice and Cold water to cold side bucket Working quickly add HOT water to Hot side bucket (Pentane boils at 98* so your water needs to stay above 98* for entire process which is about 45 min) If needed you can keep adding HOT water to keep temps up. Cover hot side bucket to keep heat in! Once almost all of the pentane has been extracted to Cold side you can remove the jars from the buckets Remove Hot jar and pour extract and what little pentane is left into petri dish Use blowout tube connected to HOT side and blow any remaining pentane back into COLD jar Remove cold jar and install storage lid, put back in refrigerator.  Now you can wait and allow the remaining pentane to evaporate in a warm spot with air blowing on it or you can get a small heater such as Store for dabs, dry thin for shatter, crumble,
       add an emulsifier and even terpenes to use in vape carts like the one I made in Video below.  Clean up and store away for next time.  
      After Using this I have to say I really like the system, and there is quite a little rush when you see the clean pentane spitting into cold side
      IMO this is much safer than butane to make and does not require the purging butane does- Because the pentane boils off at such low temps this saves many terpenes and cannabinoids from being lost to heat needed to evaporate during other extraction methods. The color of the oil is remarkable, Its a beautiful honey color due to Pentane not stripping chlorophyll and other things you don't want in your extract.

Check out the Video of the entire process below And check back for an updated video with corrected volume levels.

Also be sure to check out OilxGreens video below that as well!

• By PureGro1
      Cooking 101: 
      A Stoner does not need lab grade equipment or a big fancy kitchen to make great tasting and potent edibles. Its nice to have some glassware, cheesecloth or other material for straining, an assortment of funnels is nice as well. One thing to keep in mind is that quality of hash/buds/trim will greatly impact your final product "Trash in, Trash out" is the saying. Using concentrates rather than weed will also help not have that "weedy" taste to your edibles as much of the plant material has already been removed. 

Decarboxylation:

This is the process that transforms the compound THCA into the psychoactive THC. THCA is reported to have neurological and anti-inflamitory properties, but it won’t get you ripped, stoned, high, OR baked. You’ll heat your trim/buds to around 240°, causing the carboxyl group to be released, leaving you with active Tetrahydrocannabinol. Now that you know that your THC is activated, you can effectively infuse your Cooking oil or Butter at a lower temp (around 160°). I’ve found that this makes for better flavor, and scientifically, you won’t risk the loss of terpenes, flavonoids and cannabinoids from your oil or butter getting too hot. These compounds evaporate quickly when the cannabis is heated over 270°. Did you know that a regular lighter puts off heat at more than 450°. So when you light up, you destroy many compounds that make marijuana so healing and awesome (another great reason to eat or vape it).

How To Decarb:

I do the same amounts every time, so I put 150 (or 300 if doing double batch) grams of fairly well broken up nuggety trim (edit:  pulse a few times in food processor. The smaller you make it, the easier it is). Cover cookie sheet with parchment, lay out material in as thin a layer as possible, then cover cookie sheet with foil Place in cold oven and heat to 250* Fahrenheit then reduce heat to 220*. Set timer for 20-30 minutes (depending on how old - fresher material needs a longer decarb). When time is up, Turn oven off and open door for a couple minutes then shut and leave to cool. Do not open foil until completely cool or you will lose precious vapors.

Lecithin: 

It's used in food processing to make less sugar appear 'sweeter', less chocolate more 'chocolatey', and in pharmaceuticals to enhance the effectiveness of medications, it homogenizes and safely coats, then breaks down substances, into more fine, smaller particulates, promoting vastly improved systemic bio-availability within your body. Simply put, breaks the glands down faster, making the heating process more efficient, reducing the risk of damaging the material from possible over-processing.

Lecithin increases the availability of everything from sugars to vitamin C, to prescription pain meds, and the increase in availability on contact is said to be between %15 and %75 depending on the substance, vitamin, or chemical. Meaning, the correct addition of lecithin to for instance, vitamin C, reduces the quantity of ascorbic acid you need to consume in order to achieve the same effect, by more than 50%. You can see how this applies to the use of digestive-resistant canna in edibles.

As Lecithin increases absorption of THC and other Cannabinoids into your cell membranes. It doesn’t technically make your oil “more potent.” It makes your oil more effective, so a 100 mg dose will still be 100 mgs, but the effects will come on faster and will feel stronger. This way, you can use less oil in your recipes (thus conserving your ganja) or use the same (thus getting you really baked). Player’s choice. From my experience, adding lecithin keeps the feeling from getting “peaky” and makes the experience of eating edibles more mellow and pleasant. Lecithin has gotten a bad wrap because of its use in processed foods, pesticides, chemicals and drugs, in these cases It’s usually genetically modified.

Dosage:

When you buy an edible in a store, it will probably say something like “50 mg” or “100mg”. But what does that number mean and where does it come from? Can you figure it out for your homebaked edibles? Yes!

Let’s do some Arithmetic: (That is Stoner Math)

1 gram cannabis = 1000mg of dry weight

On average, most marijuana strains contain about 10% THC. That would mean that out of 1000mg of dry weight, 100mg of that would be THC.

Sample A = 20% THC
        Sample B = 12% THC
        Sample C = 10-23% THC
      So…

If we bake a big cookie using 1 gram of Sample A, it would be approximately 200mg.
        If we bake that same cookie using 1 gram of Sample B, that cookie would be approximately 120mg.
        If we bake that cookie using 1 gram of Sample C, that cookie could be anywhere from 100-210mg.  
      If you know the strain, you can look up the THC percentage online. (May or may not be correct), If you get your cannabis from a dispensary, you’ll know exactly how potent your strain is and can dose your baked goods accordingly by doing a little bit of stoner math. If you grow your own or just don’t Know you will have to resort to the tried and true way of.....Testing it on yourself, I know its upsetting.

Calculating the dosage depends on a variety of factors like:

Reason for use
        Your own tolerance
        Marijuana THC% and storage
      Purpose:
      In my experience, if you’re using edibles for daytime chronic pain relief or depression, and you have a strong desire to function, small doses taken throughout the day seem to be the most beneficial. If you’re using it to help you sleep, but don’t want to have the notorious weed food hangover, starting with a small amount in a sleepy tea blend of Valerian root, mint and chamomile and working up to the perfect dose is best.
      If you and your friends want to get really really baked for something like the a Party, use more.

Tolerance:
      Even if you smoke lots of marijuana, edibles can have a completely different effect on you. However, if you continue to eat edibles as a form of treatment (or recreationally), your tolerance will go up and you’ll have to adjust your dose accordingly.

Strain/Storage:
      Light, Heat and Oxygen are all detrimental to THC- Store your weed in a cool dry opaque container where temps stay about the same all the time.

Potency:

The potency of your oil or butter will vary. As a cannabis home cook, you’ll learn how to test your oil by using yourself as a human guinea pig. The key is starting with the lowest safe amount and working your way up from there by taking another small dose every hour or so until you get the desired effect.

Once you know what the perfect serving size for the oil or butter is, You can tweak any recipes by adding more or less marijuana infused butter or oil and increasing the use of regular butter or oil in each recipe to effectively strengthen or weaken your edibles.

Magical Butter Machine:

If This all sounds like a major amount of work, Check out the Magical Butter Machine. Our friend @fruit_loops was kind enough to do a post on how much he enjoys his and offer a review of the product you can see below.