Mycos flower bed
3 3

173 posts in this topic

post-2858-0-58608100-1489363717_thumb.jpgpost-2858-0-18280600-1489363743_thumb.jpg

I love these little guys, you'll find them everywhere in the spring.

• Like 5

post-2858-0-05036000-1489434124_thumb.jpgpost-2858-0-53724100-1489434143_thumb.jpgpost-2858-0-13038900-1489434166_thumb.jpg

Here's my Basil experiment. Got some plastic wrap put down to hold the moisture in. Makes a nice night light. Hopefully It will be full of growth before long.

• Like 4

you are a busy boy Myco bud hehehe. You GO GRAMPS! :)

• Like 5

you are a busy boy Myco bud hehehe. You GO GRAMPS! :)

I got spring fever, I really hope my poppies come up.
  • Like 4

nice flowers

Thanks brother. Wish I had a better camera.
  • Like 3

post-2858-0-88366100-1489760232_thumb.jpg

Picked these up this morning. Going to sow my hillside after the rain moves out and things drip dry. I have Basil up in the glass herb garden grow box. Zinnas are up as well. Those are probably the easiest flower seeds to grow.

• Like 4

Planted my hillside heavy with the whole jar of seeds, then put about 2 grams of the Afghani seed down. We'll see what happens. Didn't get crazy with breaking up the soil. Removed all debris and raked vigorously, then a little hoeing (sounds funny saying that) after sowing seeds I gently tamped everything in. If successful I will have one nice Poppy garden.

My mini greenhouse project is showing life. I can see tiny seeds rising off the soil wearing seed cases like little hat's. So I'll have another garden Poppy bed all Afghani. Still not for sure about the first batch that came up. It's looking like they were poppies, so I'll be swimming in poppies this year lol. Planted some celome, going to plant those in the corner of the house. Used to hide small plants it that stuff. Going to get the rest of these seeds going. Wish the plastic didn't fall apart on these portable greenhouse's. That would be on time right now. My shops getting to the point it's hard to move around.

• Like 3

I had to make my spare bedroom into a make shift green house. Running out of room everywhere else.lol. not much flowers though, mostly veggies. I am trying my luck at lady slipper and yellow trillion seeds. Not sure if I'll pull it off. My first attempt fell flat. Got some morning glorys to come up though.post-2510-0-51006400-1489803815_thumb.jpg

Got some catnip and basil and lemon balm to come up as well.post-2510-0-81409500-1489803925_thumb.jpgpost-2510-0-81409500-1489803925_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I had to make my spare bedroom into a make shift green house. Running out of room everywhere else.lol. not much flowers though, mostly veggies. I am trying my luck at lady slipper and yellow trillion seeds. Not sure if I'll pull it off. My first attempt fell flat. Got some morning glorys to come up though. 0317172220.jpg

Got some catnip and basil and lemon balm to come up as well. 0317172220a.jpg 0317172220a.jpg

Those are really nice brother. I almost got some morning glories, wish I had now. Still got several packages of flower seeds left. Got to break ground in the garden soon. Gonna add some sand to it this year. Hopefully get some drainage going. High clay content holds water, then mold kills everything.
  • Like 3

I have lots of sand and no soil in my ground.lol. made a lot of compost last year to put in my gardens this spring. My soil is so poor that as soon as I stop giving my plants food they start robbing the leaves for nutrition. So I'm ready with a game plan this year

• Like 3

I got good soil here. Thinking about sterilizing some and including it to my grow. Lighten it up a little bit with some perlite and vermiculite, need to make some biochar like Darkwon uses. Going out to the barn tomorrow and get a few buckets of aged dry dung. Mix a little of that in my garden when I break it. Going to burn it off first so that will help the soil as well. I let it go to hell last year after the fungus.

• Like 3

those little blue/purple flowers are violas, or johnny-jump-ups, violets....

• Like 3

those little blue/purple flowers are violas, or johnny-jump-ups, violets....

I've always wondered about those. In the spring they are about the first thing to bloom, buttercups may open before but not by much.
  • Like 3

I am very pleased with the mini greenhouse project. I can today see clearly with my crappy eyes small upside down U's, I'm talking tiny little things. They are popping up everywhere. I believe I have Germination on the Afghani seed from Europe. I looked at the petri dish that contained the fancy McCormick seeds and still nothing. So I'll close the book on that experiment. I have no control dish for the one's I sowed yesterday. I'll know if anything became of them down the road if they flower along side of the Afghani. Sweet! Good times! I'll post a shot in a couple days once they have enough size.

• Like 2