Mycos flower bed
3 3

173 posts in this topic

quarter size is pretty big. I hope you are pleasantly surprised by the number of reboots and survivors.  

Shit like this will keep you from having to thin. 

That's one of the hardest things for me to do. Pulling up perfectly good plants just runs against my grain.

• Like 3

When I was 10, my dad had a new car. He parked at my uncle's farm in Kansas, in what's called Tornado Alley. And of course a tornado came. It started dropping baseball size hail. He went out to move the car but couldn't because the hail was beating him down. My Uncle was standing at the door watching and my dad getting bloody, so I went and pulled him in. Damn pussy uncle was going to watch him die. My Uncle and I never got a long after that, can't look like a coward compared to a boy.....lol........rw

• Like 3

quarter size is pretty big. I hope you are pleasantly surprised by the number of reboots and survivors.

Shit like this will keep you from having to thin.

That's one of the hardest things for me to do. Pulling up perfectly good plants just runs against my grain.

I'm outside now and unbelievably life persists. Taking a moment to soak it up and learn from nature, they took a inch of decent hail and survived, but inside with care they die. Soaking it up lol.

Benevolent neglect....

• Like 3

When I was 10, my dad had a new car. He parked at my uncle's farm in Kansas, in what's called Tornado Alley. And of course a tornado came. It started dropping baseball size hail. He went out to move the car but couldn't because the hail was beating him down. My Uncle was standing at the door watching and my dad getting bloody, so I went and pulled him in. Damn pussy uncle was going to watch him die. My Uncle and I never got a long after that, can't look like a coward compared to a boy.....lol........rw

Dang brother, I don't blame you for feeling like that. Good job on you that day for sure.
  • Like 3

post-2858-0-12927000-1490777509_thumb.jpg

Here's a shot from yesterday morning. I was astonished at the fact anything survived but here they are. I counted 15 in this shot not counting the different flower seeds that popped up.

• Like 4

bad weather can be disheartening... not anything the plants genetics haven't dealt with for a few generations...

• Like 3

Farmerfisher might I borrow yours wisdom a moment?

post-2858-0-21668000-1491077599_thumb.jpg

This is a container box I seeded heavely with 4 different types of Poppy seeds along with some wildflower mix. Do you think those are two different types of Poppy? One is noticeable darker. Just wondering. My outdoor beds are doing well for now. Very excited about this lol.

• Like 5

post-2858-0-19709700-1491087865_thumb.jpg

Here's a wider shot of the same picture. Lot's of different things going on. Curious about how it turns out.

• Like 5

Got the second set of leaves on the Poppy's. Pretty sure I have two different types going. I realize I won't really know till they flower. Outdoor beds are doing well.

• Like 4

attachicon.gifKIMG0419.JPG

One of the volunteers in the yard. No telling when it was planted. It could be a native species. It's beautiful.

Water iris?

• Like 2

Yea, DK's probably right and it's most likely a hyacynth....

• Like 4

Water iris?

I have no idea, DK seemed to know it right off, Jonny jump ups I think. It's one of the first things that pops up.
  • Like 2

I have a nice little collection of flowers going on. Numerous pots are growing well. The flower bed has seedlings big enough you don't have to bend over to look at them. Little poppies are doing well and nature has thinned them out just about right. Hopefully nature doesn't keep thinning lol. Barley got to really inspect before sunset. I've taken all my poppies in pots outside. I give lol, need to back up and punt when it comes to inside growing. Maybe a different media. More research is in order.

• Like 4

Edited by Mycobro

I have no idea, DK seemed to know it right off, Jonny jump ups I think. It's one of the first things that pops up.

I don't why I said seemed, I'm positive he knew what it was
  • Like 1