Cutting back

12 posts in this topic

I got some clones from my guy but he sent me some monsters. I usually get 4-6" size but he gave me some 12-16" ones. Problem is I can't fit them under my lights, let alone continue vegging them for 3/4wks. How do I go about cutting these way back without damaging the plants or losing alot cause these look nice branching wise.

Here's what they all look about, some bigger.

post-765-0-73923500-1523152847_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

You could LST or super crop! I had some like that a rotation or so ago and I just cut the branches back! Plants still had lots of branching.............rw

• Like 5

Just cut at nodes, not much you can do really, I don't like lst or super cropping, ime a lot of strains don't like it and the buds end up not going hard and stay fluffy. Maybe just tie down the main head to the pot? Bend it in half?

• Like 5

Just put them straight into flower. Mine go in wasaaay smaller lol

• Like 5

Wish I had the room to. I have a room full as it is. These were supposed to replace my batch coming out in 4weeks!

I could probably squeeze 3 in there but they wouldnt get good light stuck in a corner.

• Like 5

cut about half off the branches. Will that give you enough room? You cut the crap out of a plant before it will die from it. Do what you have to ... and not worry

time for #1

"Why do you think they call it weed?"

• Like 5

cut about half off the branches. Will that give you enough room? You cut the crap out of a plant before it will die from it. Do what you have to ... and not worry

time for #1

"Why do you think they call it weed?"

I think they call it weed because it’s “A” sexual and will reproduce and expand on its own but it does grow pretty good too
  • Like 5

If u just cut the branches in half, will they start growing again?

• Like 5

yep...  at the nodes/leaf joints.

Just cut a little above the node you want to grow.  Just topping the plant with scissors.

you should see what I have to do to mine to keep them from going 10ft. 1st topping will cut the plant from 2ft to a foot ... right off the main stem.

Edited by DarKwon
  • Like 5

Well I squeezed 3 more into flower and hacked away at the other 3. We'll see how the take it....lol

• Like 5

They will grow more branches!.......rw

• Like 4

Well I squeezed 3 more into flower and hacked away at the other 3. We'll see how the take it....lol

They won't mind the pruning, but you might later on with that limited space.

Now they'll grow at more of an angle, thereby taking up even more room.

That's when I get out the floral wire/bamboo sticks.

Some strains do well with severe pruning, others need serious support and become:

Hehe!, best wished on the grow.

• Like 4