veg indoors/flower outdoors
1 1

17 posts in this topic

I am currently growing three plants under lights. They are in veg running an 18/6 schedule. I want to leave them on that schedule until May 1st when I want to put them outdoors. The total daylight hours including dusk and twilight will be just under 14 hours, increasing in length until June 21st for a maximum of 14 hours and 16 minutes of daylight per day.

From what I've read, and there is really not a lot on the subject,....My plants will start flowering a couple of weeks after I move them outside. My fear is the plants will start to flower then begin to reveg as the days lengthen. I'm hoping that the time difference only being less than 30 minutes at any given day will not cause the plants to re veg, but rather continue flowering. 

Does anyone have experience vegging for a couple of months in the late winter then putting the vegging plants outdoors prior to June 21st? I'll be going from 18/16 in the grow room to about 14 hrs a day outdoors.

• Like 5

Jack was vegging at 24/0 and when he put them outside they started flowering! At anytime of year! Maybe as long as it's less hours it will flower! You could wait till the 21st and then daylight goes down!.............rw

• Like 4

You should be fine, as long as the day light hrs don't go over 12.30 min I think

• Like 4

I was more worried about starting to flower, then revegging as the days get longer. I guess that is not something to worry about this tie of year

• Like 4

it is 3 hrs less, even though the days are getting longer... that is the rub

and I have one of those big black stink bugs walking across the floor. Do I risk a discharge ushering it out or let someone else find it?

Llama will love this.... i got it out

the smell of success was never so sweet

Edited by DarKwon
  • Like 3

I remember those bugs! PU......lol.....rw

• Like 3

Jewels tried to eat one. Guess she didn’t like the taste any more than the smell.

• Like 3

it only takes one. HaHaHa

our cats leave them alone, too.

• Like 3

The look on her face was priceless. Now when she sees them she paws them until they let out the stink... then she leaves them alone.

• Like 3

just making sure they are stink bugs. She does do this outdoors?

• Like 3

Yea, outdoors. I'm talking the black beetle that lifts it's ass in the air.

sb2_0055.jpg

• Like 2

That's them!.......rw

• Like 2

yep!

I see a few of those shield shaped stink bugs ... but, we have lots of these    or   they are just a lot more obvious. They don't exactly hide.

Walk slowly around, wherever, with their ass up.

• Like 2

I haven't seen a stink bug that looked like that since....I cant even remember when.

Maryland/DC/Virginia/Pennsylvania  were all infested with these- The Chinese stink bug, No natural predators and are immune to most bug sprays apparently.

They congregate on light and white color siding to hibernate finding their way into homes eventually. luckily I believe it is too cold here in Maine for them because they did hitchhike in boxes and stuff from garage during move up here!

chinese-stink-bug-photo.jpg
  • Like 1

I am currently growing three plants under lights. They are in veg running an 18/6 schedule. I want to leave them on that schedule until May 1st when I want to put them outdoors. The total daylight hours including dusk and twilight will be just under 14 hours, increasing in length until June 21st for a maximum of 14 hours and 16 minutes of daylight per day.

From what I've read, and there is really not a lot on the subject,....My plants will start flowering a couple of weeks after I move them outside. My fear is the plants will start to flower then begin to reveg as the days lengthen. I'm hoping that the time difference only being less than 30 minutes at any given day will not cause the plants to re veg, but rather continue flowering. 

Does anyone have experience vegging for a couple of months in the late winter then putting the vegging plants outdoors prior to June 21st? I'll be going from 18/16 in the grow room to about 14 hrs a day outdoors.

Mine did not flower right away last season- I had 18? went from 20hrs to whatever it was here end of may...don't remember exactly. I think they will be fine and just keep vegging. I did have 4-6 clones that started to flower and then went back to vegging, it really didn't hurt the yield but it was only the clones that did this.

Interesting note- YEEEEAAARRRSSS ago, I was told by a grower that to avoid the frost at end of season I should go 12/12 and until sex shows then go back to 18/6 till time to plant in the ground. He swore this would bring them in earlier than normal. Im still not 100% sure what he meant or if he was just drunk that day...lol

Now here is some info you may want to take a look at!

May 1st? Is their a reason your aiming for that date? The 15th is the New Moon...I would wait till then. According to tradition you really don't want to plant anything that grows above ground during a waning moon phase, but it is a good time for root crops. Anytime after the New Moon and before the Full moon (29th of may) is again traditionally the optimal time for anything that produces above ground.

• Like 2