Rabbit manure is great for plants
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Rabbit manure has been used in gardens with great results..  the reason for this is because of the n.p.k. of the poo.. nitrogen is 2.4, phosphate is 1.4, and the potassium/potash is 0.6.. out of all the manures it has the highest npk. And can be used without composting because it doesn't burn plants(as long as it's not soaked in rabbit urine)  it can be used several ways.. you can use it as a top dressing around plants or it can be worked into the garden soil and it can be used to make a nutrient rich tea..  depending on how it's used it can feed nutrients to plants between 3-6 months, sometimes even longer..  I personally used it for my cannabis last season and had wonderful results..  my native soil is very poor and because I've grown more conscientious about the environment I didn't want to go dumping chemical fertilizers into the ground possibly harming the native life..  so being that I got rabbits the year before I had plenty of poo to use.. I did a combo of working it into the soil and then top dressing and every other watering I used rabbit poo tea.. I was blown away by how well it worked..  I even used it in my vegetable gardens and it lasted all year..  

To use as an amendment, just work it into the soil prior to planting about four inches into the surface..

Top dressing is very simple,, just sprinkle any desirable amount around the base of your plants,, being sure not to build it up against the plants because of possible rotting..

Rabbit poo tea,, just use an old pillow case or something similar and fill it to desired amount and place in a bucket of water and place the bucket in the afternoon sun for hours to days, ( choice is optional) this slowly steeps the poo infusing the water with nutrients and minerals ..  the longer it sets in the sun the more nutrients will be in the water..  even an hour long soak is enough time for it to be used... 

Because it won't burn plants there is really no need for specific measurements,, just use common sense and it will work brilliantly all season long.. 

New material can be added to this thread by anyone .. as long as it's on topic of the thread..  questions and comments are also welcome.. 

Edited by Farmerfischer
Typo
  • Like 5

Oh yeah for flowering plants just use banana peel tea either with or without rabbit poo..  I'm sure there are other options other than banana peels but it is what I've been using and it works.. 

• Like 6

Hi Fish

I'll try to keep on-topic

How many rabbits? How much poo?  Are you feeding pellets or "free ranging" them?

I won't ask what happens to the rabbits -- they are good eating.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Very nice, Maybe I will let the daughter keep some rabbits! :stoned-smiley:

• Like 6

That will open a :can-of-worms-smiley-emoticon:! Girls don't do well with the other part of raising rabbits!.......lol......rw

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, DarKwon said:

Hi Fish

I'll try to keep on-topic

How many rabbits? How much poo?  Are you feeding pellets or "free ranging" them?

I won't ask what happens to the rabbits -- they are good eating.

I have three rabbits( they were my boy & woman's) and I do alittle of both, pellets and natural stuff..  they make lots of poop..lol.. and yes some day I'll probably be eating them..   I can't free range them because of the predators out here.  Owl's,hawks,wolves, coyote's,fox.. and a few others..

3 hours ago, PureGro1 said:

Very nice, Maybe I will let the daughter keep some rabbits! :stoned-smiley:

The males spray so you definitely want them outside..

• Like 4

3 hours ago, roofwayne said:

That will open a :can-of-worms-smiley-emoticon:! Girls don't do well with the other part of raising rabbits!.......lol......rw

Ya, never get to eat em....I had two chickens die last summer and had to bury them...lol

49 minutes ago, Farmerfischer said:

I have three rabbits( they were my boy & woman's) and I do alittle of both, pellets and natural stuff..  they make lots of poop..lol.. and yes some day I'll probably be eating them..   I can't free range them because of the predators out here.  Owl's,hawks,wolves, coyote's,fox.. and a few others..

The males spray so you definitely want them outside..

I have about the exact same list of predators, We had rabbits when I was younger they have an unmistakable smell for sure.

Right after you posted this thread I saw ad on craigslist for rabbit manure- 5$ for burlap sack, said about 5gall bucket full. Between this and the chickens I will become a Poo Mogul or something...lol maybe they will call me the Great PooBah?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, PureGro1 said:

Great PooBah?

Lmao!!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

puns make my face wrinkle...

I love them...

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Charming is his name..IMG_20180429_171152.thumb.jpg.784c814179c1f2a3079716efd3d0fd2d.jpg

This one is snow bunny..IMG_20180429_171147.thumb.jpg.4d50f187bad4560b17f586a83cd30e31.jpg

And this is some of their (poo)IMG_20180429_171201.thumb.jpg.aa2a7bacafc86d09ea00f79d412fb077.jpgshit..lol..

• Like 4
  • Haha 1