StonerHaven

"Where The Stoners Grow"

Forums, Picture Gallery, How to Tutorials, Articles, Blogs, Product Reviews, Recipes, Strain Guides and much more
Join Today

Seed To Weed

We Cover It All-

Tutorials, Forums, And Articles Devoted To Marijuana
TutorialsForumsArticles

Learn to Grow

Grow To Learn

Learn and Share Advanced Marijuana Growing, Harvesting and Extraction Techniques
Advanced GrowingHarvestingExtracts

Interactive Legalization Map

Find State Laws, Marijuana Business In Your Area And Much More
MAP

Cooking With Marijuana

Tutorials, Forums, Recipes And Articles All to Help You Become A Canna-Connoisseur
TutorialsForumsRecipesArticles
Mycobro

Z strain

Here we go.

IMG_20180923_081742.thumb.jpg.61ac6698ea6cb086efdfe6b601e6cd7e.jpg

Half seasoned dry cow dung half horticultural grade coir. Brought to field capacity with bottle water.

IMG_20180923_082443.thumb.jpg.0495a5238017064885f8ca3be4c5168a.jpg

Make a dung lasagna. Layer of dung mix, layer of fully hydrated popcorn. They have split and been briefly rinsed.

IMG_20180923_083543.thumb.jpg.9a16c93fea2e42effbdae6c13eb1a7ed.jpg

Here you go. Dark rich loose nutritious cakes.

IMG_20180923_084107.thumb.jpg.648dcb3273f3a0e25373cf3cb365ed56.jpg

Layer of perlite. This is a filter. A waste land of nothing to eat for anything wanting to get in.

IMG_20180923_084812.thumb.jpg.9d05e367fbf4647179c6a143f732aa81.jpg

Aluminum foil will keep water out during sterilization in pressure cooker. 

Electrical tape will hold under heat, water, and pressure just fine.

IMG_20180923_085758.thumb.jpg.908eafdc6764c8b2d7913fd4694b9da5.jpg

90 minutes of pressure and steam minimum. Feel free to do more than once. Especially in a day or so. In case something survived you can kill it with another round. Fractional sterilization. I used to work with a giant tamales pot. Every other day for a week will kill everything. Pressure cooking is good but you can get around it.

• Like 4

2 got water logged. 2 getting a second round. Will be making 2 more.

• Like 4

The water logged cakes pissed me off. Irish/Cherokee genes get to firen off. 

So I'm going bulk. Not fucking around. I have the 2 small cakes that will yield a quick potent harvest and will do what I needed in the beginning. But I'm going for another big fat haul. May end up throwing them away in the end but I'm going to try spawn to bulk with popcorn and coir on last time. Fingers crossed for now contamination. Maybe cooler weather will play in my favor. Frozen winter would be a lot better. 

Speaking of winter I'm doing my work in my shop. The temperature has come way down outside 70 now. When my doors shut and a crockpot going it'll run you out. Whole room heated by a crockpot. I realize it's still warm outside but you can tell. Heat won't be a issue this winter. May be to hot. Might need a fresh air intake lol. 

Back to the project. I'll be doing a simple tray that will fit inside my 30 gallon aquarium with a small goldfish bowl filled with distilled water and a air stone. Tank has glass top and will wedge polyfill in the gap. LED light strip will provide light. Red and blue. 4:1 I think. 

Got to go take another puff this post took a lot out of me.

• Like 4

I hydrated more popcorn, made 2 pint jars with a port in the lid, polyfill stuffed in said hole. Then a tyvec filter on top of lid but screwed under ring. I also made one liquid culture jars with a syringe port and as gas exchange filter. Pictures of everything later. 

Everything in pressure cooker now and will hydrate more popcorn asap. 

I'm getting there. Maybe next weekend will be interesting. 

• Like 3

Image result for eating popcorn gif

19 hours ago, Mycobro said:

Speaking of winter I'm doing my work in my shop. The temperature has come way down outside 70 now. When my doors shut and a crockpot going it'll run you out. Whole room heated by a crockpot. I realize it's still warm outside but you can tell. Heat won't be a issue this winter. May be to hot. Might need a fresh air intake lol. 

I tried a fresh air intake once, I even told people what I was gonna do and no one warned me....lol....Bringing cool/moist air into Hot/Dry grow room can be really bad- like condensation dripping bad. If you do have to bring in cool air- use your workshop as a Lung to warm and dry it before it gets to grow room.

• Like 4

On 9/25/2018 at 8:08 AM, PureGro1 said:

Image result for eating popcorn gif

I tried a fresh air intake once, I even told people what I was gonna do and no one warned me....lol....Bringing cool/moist air into Hot/Dry grow room can be really bad- like condensation dripping bad. If you do have to bring in cool air- use your workshop as a Lung to warm and dry it before it gets to grow room.

Thanks for that tip, makes a lot of sense.

IMG_20180926_191020.thumb.jpg.d1af4c3728ebc59713c8aa87058f7421.jpg

This is what $26 will get you in under 7 days no less. Thank you Mushrooms.com

Grain jars and liquid culture getting another round of heat. Cakes get it tomorrow. I'm very excited lol.

• Like 4

Got rained out again so I'm home doing a little sterilization. Don't like moisture content of last glass cake. I dunno if water splashed up but she's moist. Not drowned but about a teaspoon above field capacity. Maybe I can steam it down. Never used plastic but it's doing well at this phase. Popcorn jars are on point. Nice moisture content, no water in bottom of jars. Liquid culture got Caramelized a bit but it's fine, they'll eat it. Given the grain jars and liquid culture another round in the crockpot. If anything is left alive in there it ain't happy. 

Need more grain jars. I have lids but I'm jar poor. Gave them to my mom. She makes jelly.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Mycobro said:

Gave them to my mom. She makes jelly.

We make jelly/jam and I cant eat smuckers or any store bought stuff now...

• Like 4

It's going down tonight, inoculation.

Pictures to come. 

• Like 4

I'm home finally. Got it to myself tonight. Boss is riding with me so I can't smoke till I get home. Blazed at the moment.  Getting some coffee in me then I'll begin the night by getting super clean. Down to flossing and Listerine. I'll put up some pics of my glove box with everything ready later on. Don't think the glass cake will turn out, we'll see with the plastic one. Grain jars are good. Liquid culture looks good. It's show time. 

• Like 5

IMG_20180928_190822.thumb.jpg.0be5208b4bd0fd38f33385f4434c42f6.jpg

Here is my tent and still air box, let's call a spade a spade. 

IMG_20180928_190853.thumb.jpg.7ffa6636f4a92ed8bfd2a34ed93d1304.jpg

Here's what's getting it tonight. Pressure cooked, and fractional sterilized. I'm thinking they are good. The cake smells of rich sweet dung. Other cake got tossed. Ain't wasting nothing. 

IMG_20180928_190934.thumb.jpg.510272d2776eec31b48e6456d92fe493.jpg

Tyvec tops and a tried and true gas exchange filter and port on the liquid culture.

Everything seems successful, took my time, sprayed much Lysol. Followed good needle protocol. Everyone is safe in a warm but not hot dark place. Now comes patients. Center yourself Myco.

We'll see what happens in a week or so.

Got more popcorn going. 

:shroom:

• Like 4

I enjoy it down here in the basement, it's quite lol. Always been that guy anyways. Fire tender from way back at backwoods partys. I knew how to add color so I was a fucking wizard. I digress because I'm extremely high. Smoked a fat roach of the stash, several chokers of cheese and followed that up with numerous hits of the armpit stuff. I didn't want to like it a kicked myself in the ass for not waiting for the tiger red that supposed to be here soon. It's good, to me anyways. Good work weed, nice buzz chatty AF. 

On with the show.

IMG_20180929_201740.thumb.jpg.6720378932205d5715e00145d44e9986.jpg

Now that's a quart jar, again fully hydrated and cooked popcorn. Many hours in the crockpot. Jars been in pressure cooker and off heat now. Day after tomorrow I'll give it a crockpot shot to kill anything left. I'll put it to the side for liquid culture test. Got about half a pint of popcorn left to jar as soon as I find a unused jar.

I'm stoned and have only accomplished this tonight. It'll pay off if I'm successful. 

Edited by Mycobro
  • Like 4

@minnesmoker my first time doing that trick. My pasteurization process is going to be smaller scale than what you normally do. Here's what I have to work with. A crockpot that can be dialed in to 180°F , much field cow dung. How would you incorporate H2O2 into this kind of setup. I was planning on doing classic sock tek at 180 could I pre treat some how using crockpot as heat source?

Also have plenty of Perlite, and horticultural grade coir.

Edited by Mycobro
  • Like 4

So I want to look but I won't, that's my second favorite part next to clean work. Is it alive, is it alone, did I do everything right.

I have a feeling more people will become interested in mushrooms. Every time I open my news feed it's the government is looking at a change in schedule, depression and migraines and ptsd, and the list goes on. 

• Like 4

:smiley-sitting-on-egg-emoticon:

It's alive....

It's alone....

Pictures tonight.

:shroom:

• Like 4