Random Think
18 18

12,694 posts in this topic

skunks are just not welcome around here. They gotta go.

hmmm..........on second thought a skunk farm might do good to ward off unwelcome visitors. Like the tax,insurance, or nosy neighbor man. 

Problem is my dog would probably try and "make friends" with all of the smelly little critters and then come and rub on me  :blink:

Yep, I stick to my first thought. Skunks just gotta go. :angry:

• Like 4

But their so cute...lol.......rw

• Like 3

But their so cute...lol.......rw

bout as cute as stepping in catshit  

bout as smelly too ;)

• Like 3

Joe just because 90 percent of the males on earth can't stand the smell of cat shit and piss. True story....lol....skunks smell worst, but stepping in it makes that worst......lol.....sorry ladies.......rw

• Like 3

catshit's  odoriferous qualities transcends  the  gap between men and women imho

• Like 3

Guest BlueDreams

I ate my last chocolate confection from our Miss attho about an hour ago (hoarded since 4/20!!)....  just topped it off with a bowl of Blue Dream salted with some "Ice" full melt.

post-31-0-77903200-1375992891_thumb.jpg

Guest BlueDreams

I'v had a thought about hemp stuck in my head.  

So there is an effort to breed plants with high cbd's as they have a lot of medical attributes.  Strains like Harlequin, low thc and high cbd's.  Alright, let me throw this out there....isn't that what hemp is?  Pretty much no thc but very high (comparatively) in cbd's?

I ate my last chocolate confection from our Miss attho about an hour ago (hoarded since 4/20!!)....  just topped it off with a bowl of Blue Dream salted with some "Ice" full melt.

sounds like a nap is right around the corner for ya ;)

• Like 2

I just saw this on the tele. I really want to go fishin with this guy.ht_carp_fishing_pitchfork_2_thg_120919_w

• Like 3

Well apparently we don't have a thread for random thoughts or just to say what's going on in your life. 

So here it is. The watchu doing watchu think thread

:)

......snip........

So I took on a job putting one of these in for a guy.

.....snip......

Also a lifetime of free swimming for me and the fam. icon_smile.gif

Hey Joe,

I engineered and gc'ed my pool. The one I affectionately refer to as the heat sink. It's a bit larger at 25,000 gallons and 16 x 32.

I also run a salt loop to chlorinate. But my pool water doesn't taste salty. Realistically on a saline pool you run about 1/3 normal saline or less (normal saline is .9). So it should be imperceptible depending on the salt cell you choose.

I also boost my water to my roof. That recovers the heat from the attic, cooling the entire house and disrupts my FLIR signature. I don't actually need A/C because of the pool design. 

One other thing, the larger the body of water the more stable it is. Smaller pools are notoriously hard to keep in balance. If it were me going with that size pool I'd hang an ORP controller. Also look into running a higher pH pool. I keep mine around 8.2 (that will scare the crap out of most pool guys LOL).

If you are deciding on equipment I'd go with a DE filter and Pentair pool controls. Also on the heater I way oversized mine. Although I use solar (which I also oversized). I run a 4K btu heater LOL! I only use it to heat the spa! My solar keeps my pool at 96 and above all summer. My problem is dumping heat! If he lives in someplace with a lot of sun look at solar.

Oh yes pumps, size your plumbing for high flow / low pressure. Only reduce your cleaner lines. Also if you go solar you need enough head to get it to charge your roof lines but after that it's a free ride. I'd look at the new step down pumps that give you more head at the front end and then step down for more efficient running. More expense up front but it pays you back in operation.

If you have any questions just holler.  Glad to help if it's something I know anything about,

Annie

Edited by curious
  • Like 3

hey curious thanks! 

This pool comes preplumbed with all the filters and everything. It also comes with a 4kw heater that I am disabling in favor of a small gas boiler. That will be about the only plumbing necessary, other than trenching the waterline in and hooking up the prefilter.

I did talk to him about solar water heaters but at this point he is not interested. He just got some bad news yesterday. Basically it is gonna cost him another 4k for the swim current. Kinda messed up really we thought this was all included but nope 4k more. So he is getting a 15' instead of the 17'/spa seats. not very happy bout this

• Like 4

hey annie nice to see you girlfriend :stoned-smiley:

Hey!

I answered you about the Pax but I bet you have that all fixed up now! Essentially when mine does that it needs a good clean and lube the mouthpiece downstem and that fixed me up :)

How you enjoying your Pax?

hugs,

annie

PS You and Mrs sunnyboy should come swim.. My pool is usually at the same temp as my spa or hotter. I've had the pool at 110! My problem is dumping heat LOL.

• Like 3