Choosing A Vape Pen
3 3

55 posts in this topic

Thinking of getting one of these but not sure which I should go with. There's the kind that you can put actual herb in and smoke it and there's the kind where u have to mix the tinctures. Thought it would be cool to be able to mix my own and add different flavors like blueberry or somthing. Would be more work having to mix the veg glycerin and all that though.

Don't want to go expensive in case I don't like it or doesn't work right for me.

Anyone have some recommendations?

• Like 4

@Liveforever @Llama @xmoonx @DarKwon

I know we have some people who are using these! im sure they can steer you in the right direction...I think it was the PAX that I smoked off of and it was good, no idea what was in it though...lol

• Like 2

I have not found a pen vape that I find very satisfactory but I've only tried a few. The less expensive ones are usually only for wax and oils. The more expensive, the more features. I have a Tvape that I use and it works ok but not great. It's good for times when I NEED a hit and discretion is needed. It's a bit bulky for a pen vape but it holds more herb than most. I think the Plume is probably the best on the market but it's $$. The TVape was about 125.00

• Like 3

I saw you was talking making grape seed oil mixtures in another thread. Will those work in a vap pen or does it have to be veg glycerin mix?

• Like 4

I saw you was talking making grape seed oil mixtures in another thread. Will those work in a vap pen or does it have to be veg glycerin mix?

I think glycerin mix- the grapeseed oil is fairly thin, not sure but would assume it wont work.

I hope to have this mixed and made this week and have more info on it, I only tried an extract like this one time and loved it...I will have to find some guinea pigs errr I mean friends to try it out..lol

• Like 2

I haven't read nor heard of a 'working' bud/leaf vape pen on the market worth buying.... there is a new prospective (once it releases) called the grasshopper.  Til then, I'll stick with my concentrate pen for BHO, QWISO, and QWET dabs on the go that I use... The Dr. Dabber (full prescription kit), with its Ti coils.

• Like 4

I have a PAX by Ploom. When I bought it, it was the top "portable flower vape" on the market. Its larger than a oil pen vape, just bigger than a asthma puffer. It holds about a 1/3 of  a gram and lasts about 50 hits or so. This vape can only do oil if you drip it on the weed, but with great results! My favorite though is hash in it. I fill it with about a half a gram and start out on low for an hour, then turn it up to med. for an hour, then on high til its gone. Lasts forever and gets you nice and %^&*ed up!!!!

ploom-pax-vaporizer-3.jpg

• Like 6

Alphakronik actually is making his own series of modded pens that you can smoke your bho, iso, or anything really melty in. I have one on order they are around 200$ but well worth it as they are high quality and I have watched him use his for a good while now.  As far as something to smoke flowers I've been told that the PAX and iolite are about the only things portable that really cut it. This will be my first pen after about 2 years of research and stalling.

• Like 3

Guest 2RollingStoned

Hey I am curious about the Vape Pens too.

We have three vapes, a Pax, a volcano and a Vapir No2.  The volcano is of course the best but the Pax is the most portable. 

Will keep watching over here for suggestions cause we are always up for new vape selections!

vapes_zps3209b0e5.jpg

The Pax was a gift to my husband for valentine's day  :vape:

Edited by 2RollingStoned

Guest skinebman

Hey I am curious about the Vape Pens too.

We have three vapes, a Pax, a volcano and a Vapir No2.  The volcano is of course the best but the Pax is the most portable. 

Will keep watching over here for suggestions cause we are always up for new vape selections!

vapes_zps3209b0e5.jpg

The Pax was a gift to my husband for valentine's day  :vape:

I used the volcanoe one before, and i got a 7 chamber pen. Its ok. Its for keif only. I smoked a wax one or liquid or something else before, I liked it better. So basically I was no help. Sorry. lol

There is a Vaporizer thread in Stoner gear that has some good info, older thread but vape users might find handy....

Click>>>Vaporizers

• Like 3

for oils, the Omicron is pretty good. Don't know about price or using glycerin ["E-cig" type] oil in it. only ever used one with RSO/BHO

Portable herb/flower vapes---the only worth it, is the Pax at this time.

• Like 3

Anyone tried the Snoop Dogg Micro G Pen?

Appears to be a couple different choices...Ive never tried one- the reviews are all good though that I have Seen @DarKwon has a friend in the Vape business, He may be able to ask about it for you.

http://www.grencoscience.com/collections/bundles/products/snoopdogg-microg

http://www.grencoscience.com/collections/bundles/products/snoopdogg

• Like 3