Choosing A Vape Pen
3 3

55 posts in this topic

the pen i'm looking at works with more of a liquid oil than the traditional rso 

it holds like 2 ml 

• Like 4

Take your herb and grind it up real fine in a coffee grinder. Add your propylene glycol or vegetable glycerin and stir well. Pour into a jar and let sit for about 2 weeks at room temp in a dark place. Each day shake and/or stir your mix. After your time is up you run it through a fine screen and store in a small container with a dropper for easy refills on your pen.

• Like 6

Thinking of getting one of these but not sure which I should go with. There's the kind that you can put actual herb in and smoke it and there's the kind where u have to mix the tinctures. Thought it would be cool to be able to mix my own and add different flavors like blueberry or somthing. Would be more work having to mix the veg glycerin and all that though.

Don't want to go expensive in case I don't like it or doesn't work right for me.

Anyone have some recommendations?

Chris,

Seek out a "vaporist". They should have many different vapes to try before you buy.

It will save you a lot of money trying one that don't satisfy you.

and ...unfortunately, there really aren't and "cheap" one that work well. A lot of folks have been turned away from vaping by sub-par equipment.

you hand a lesser performing vape to a smoker and their first response will be ,"When does it start?"

Put 'em on the business end of an SSV and you will see their eyes light up....

• Like 4

Chris I may give that a try but I don't imagine I could get it concentrated enough without concentrating it somehow. My experience is that even with a 50% mix of oil and thinner it would take several hits to get a good buzz. I use my ecig a lot and only go though about 1-1.5mL a day. You're actually vaporizing a very small amount of liquid. The equivalent of a cigarette is supposed to be like 0.05mL and that takes several puffs. If you don't make them really strong or have a very low tolerance you pretty much have a hash oil flavored e juice. Not the worst thing but does strike me as rather wasteful.

• Like 3

Looks like I'm getting an Atmos pen. It looks like they hold a good amount of wax and I got some very good hits from it. Best of all I can barter for it :)

• Like 2

Saw this listing and I'm debating trying this one. It does raw herb, wax, and oil

post-765-0-07617500-1412366064_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chris628
  • Like 5

Got one of these last week and my stepdaughter has one, used it at the niner game the other day, well I've been using it daily, cost me 39.99 at the local head shop, wax or oil... actually cooked a lil hash with it too...

post-1005-0-26932400-1412384314_thumb.jpgpost-1005-0-49273800-1412384412_thumb.jpgpost-1005-0-94575600-1412384657_thumb.jpgpost-1005-0-29335000-1412384819_thumb.jpg

SH420

• Like 4

Thats an outstanding price Chris.

the RX is the one I'm getting and I was very pleased with the hits I could pull.

• Like 3

Got one of these last week and my stepdaughter has one, used it at the niner game the other day, well I've been using it daily, cost me 39.99 at the local head shop, wax or oil... actually cooked a lil hash with it too...

attachicon.gif20141003_175256.jpgattachicon.gif20141003_175308.jpgattachicon.gif20141003_175332.jpgattachicon.gif20141003_175557.jpg

SH420

How are you finding the capacity? I have that type and while it works well I find I need to reload it constantly which is just a PITA.

• Like 3

Bringing this old thread back...anyone got any new suggestions on a good pen now that it's been 3 years since this thread started. 

Still looking for a dry herb pen my wife can use for this Blue Dream CBD I grew. 

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Chris628 said:

Bringing this old thread back...anyone got any new suggestions on a good pen now that it's been 3 years since this thread started. 

Still looking for a dry herb pen my wife can use for this Blue Dream CBD I grew. 

I gotta run by head shop tomorrow, I will run this question by them too...

• Like 5

On 5/6/2018 at 1:32 PM, Chris628 said:

Pax is still the way to go for portrable dry herb vape.

A friend has one, his wife loves it. It's hers more than his. Anyway, I saw them a couple weeks ago and they were talking about upgrading to the pax3, while still sucking on the pax they've had for at least 3 years.

SH420 

Edited by Shrxhky420
  • Like 6