Koh Samui super strain
2 2

490 posts in this topic

Let me know when you get ready and I'll do my best to help where I can. A glove box will really be necessary. easy to make.

• Like 5

You talked me into buying this hehehe    http://www.midwestgrowkits.com/grow-kits.html                                            I got the simple kit. Gonna try my luck :)

buy everything seperately and youll save some money.  that kit doesnt even have the most expensive thing, the pressure cooker.. everything else needed to grow is super cheap.. if you want to run popcorn check my popcorn thread, i recommend running wild bird seed.. but my popcorn thread got everything in it

• Like 4

I ran with fractional sterilization for a year in a big ass tamales pot. works really well, just takes more time. I wouldn't go back to that though lol. But it does work. I think that the Midwest kit comes with presterlizatied brown rice cakes if I remember right, always wondered about those. You are right though once you get everything in place it is a super cheap hobby.

• Like 3

Update on the bookshelf mini cake. Smells of alcohol, it either got drunk last night or I have yeast contamination. oh well. off to the cow pasture with it, may it's mycelium run forever lol

• Like 4

The morning update on the cake. the cake is drunk lol. air flow while keeping high humidity is paramount, stressed it out and the yeast won. You can see the mini bulk, seems fine nice sweet musshie smell. Smell is everything, you can smell it long before you see it.

post-2858-0-35161100-1467025064_thumb.jpg

post-2858-0-98923900-1467025120_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

The drunk lol. Air flow was improved but the damage had been done

post-2858-0-53827300-1467026889_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

When experimenting don't get down or be to hard on yourself, you are probably going to fail, but that one time when you do you have something new and that is what it's all about.

• Like 6

Update on mini bulk, actually had to mist interior of chamber. that's good news because I am getting good air flow, now I have to keep humidity up. Think this will work better, should start pinning in a few days. Then here we go, I hope fingers crossed.

• Like 4

Mini bulk still looking good, smells good, getting air, humidity is high, 68 degrees, access to indirect filtered light. I think that it might fruit. few days more and it will let us know. would take a picture but looking very similar to last lol. Been 4 days should start showing primordia in a couple days.

Edited by Mycobro
  • Like 3

The cake that smelled of alcohol does not not, I have no explanation. was running late so it got left alone and when I smelled, nothing. so in the interest of science I'll let it run. well see what it does

• Like 2

buy everything seperately and youll save some money.  that kit doesnt even have the most expensive thing, the pressure cooker.. everything else needed to grow is super cheap.. if you want to run popcorn check my popcorn thread, i recommend running wild bird seed.. but my popcorn thread got everything in it

The jars are sterilized at the place. Good for 4-5 weeks sterile. I will check out your popcorn thread :)

• Like 3

Hawks eye is the best for spores, located in USA, clean syringes, multiple reliable stable spore choices to look at under your microscope lol. Good luck brother.

Hawkseye name is changed to Midwest grow kits

• Like 4

Wow, I been running my own prints for over 2 years, used to have Cambodian and penis envy from there.

• Like 3

You got to bulk penis envy, if you can pull it off they are hands down the most kick your ass mushrooms I have ever experienced. 1 gram will put you on the couch with your mouth wide open in slack jawed amazement. Looks like a box of dicks lol

• Like 3

My cake that smelled of alcohol is pinning again, sweet musshie smell. Gonna let it run and see what happens. mini bulk doing well sweet smell getting good air flow and high humidity. may pull this off yet. can't wait to see what my dub tub is doing but won't open the incubator till Sunday, it's killing me lol. should get a good flush off that. I'm gonna trade it for green if it makes it. fingers crossed

• Like 2